15 Best Quotes From Confucius, The Ancient Chinese Philosopher.
Everyone is entitled to believe that they are smart – even if they’re not. Isn’t that one of life’s greatest ironies? One needs to be smart to know that they’re not smart. Like one wise man once said, “To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.” That wise man was Confucius, a philosopher and politician from ancient China, who has more advice to offer, if you read on. Here are 15 quotes from Confucius about wisdom, life, and perseverance.
1. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
2. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
3. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
4. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
5. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
6. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
7. Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
8. Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
9. What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
10. Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
11. If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees, if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.
12. By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest, and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
13. it is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
14. To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.
15. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
We hope these quotes from Confucius taught you something new. Check out the rest of our to read more life-changing quotes!