20 Quotes About Self-Love That Will Boost Up Your Spirits
Sometimes in the process of loving others, we forget to love ourselves. We fail to even consider the fact that the most important person in our life is no one else but the individual self. Times have been tough. The current pandemic has left us all hungry for company. Social distancing has led to an emotional distance between us and our loved ones. This has led many people to believe that they are alone and not lonely. This is exactly why it is so important for us to realise that we are enough for ourselves. Before we fall in love with anyone else, it is important that we value ourselves. Let us have a look at some of the best quotes about self-love that will make you fall in love with yourself.
Here’s a list of some of the best quotes about self-love that will definitely boost up your spirits.
1. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
2. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” –
3. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” – Meghan Markle
5. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” -Brené Brown
6. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” -Dan Pearce
7. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” –
8. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – The Buddha
9. “Keep watering yourself. You’re growing.” – E.Russell
10. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” – Les Brown
11. “You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value you have a purpose. All is well.” – Abraham Hicks
12. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.” – Ellen DeGeneres
13. “I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.” – Maya Angelou
14. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you, who you are.” -Beyoncé
15. “Be the love you never received.” – Rune Lazuli
16. “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” – Princess Diana
17. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
18. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” -Wayne Dyer
19. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
20. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
We hope that in these tough times, all of you will find more than one reason to love yourselves. Which of these quotes on self-love did you find the most relatable? Were any of these quotes successful in moving you? Do let us know in the comments section.