Growing up in a middle class home in India is an “interesting” experience. There are many things that middle class folks do which are pretty unique and frankly speaking, defy all logic to an outsider. Jugaad is the name of the game and frugality runs in our blood. Here are some quintessential desi middle class things that we often do. Yes, these things happen only in India middle class homes!
1. We all have a hidden Monisha in us
2. Squeeze till the last molecule!
3. Throw away old clothes and buy mops? *faints*
5. Stacking up newspapers just to sell ém to kabadiwallah *wink wink*
6. “Kyunki I can afford it!”
7. Because ghar ka khana is the best (and cheapest!)
8. Chhat pe so jao aur bijli bachao!
9. That one kitchen shelf stacked with random containers. That.
10. Because sunlight is free.
11. Inki kismet mein ye hi likha hai.
12. We no say no to plastic!
13. You never know when the queen of England will come visiting.
14. Because everything can be recycled and reused in an Indian ghar.
Whether you love ém or hate ém, our unapologetic middle-class habits make us who we are. And while we are at it, they bring us closer together. So don’t be ashamed and let the world know about your middle-class jugaads in the comments section below. Because hum toh bhai jaise hain, waise rahenge!