16 Beautiful Ikigai Quotes That Could Change Your Life
Ikigai is a small word with a big meaning. ‘Ikigai’ is a Japanese word that means “reason to live.” It is most closely associated with the town of Okinawa, which is home to the world’s oldest people. Ikigai is the balance that exists at the crossroads of your passion, mission, vocation, and profession, i.e. what you love, what the world needs, what you are good at, and what you get paid for. It’s all about discovering your passion and then finding a way to pursue it. We’ll dig deeper into this fascinating concept, focusing on 16 beautiful Ikigai quotes about acceptance and living in the moment, nature and beauty, health and longevity, movement, happiness, purpose, and passion, among other topics.
WHAT EXACTLY IS IKIGAI?
Ikigai is a Japanese concept that translates to ‘a reason to get up in the morning,’ or as my French friends would say, a ‘raison d’être.’ Ikigai is a Japanese concept that encompasses happiness, life satisfaction, the joy of doing something, and a sense of purpose. It’s about having the sense that your life matters and that you make a difference. Ikigai can be found in both the smallest daily rituals and the most important aspects of your life, such as your job and roles. It has nothing to do with your social standing or the amount of money you make. Everyone’s Ikigai is different because it is based on their personal history, values, beliefs, hobbies, and personalities.
1. Live the moment. Live the present.
2. The future depends on what you do today.
3. Life is all about your perspective.
4. Do whatever that makes you happy.
5. We all are dependent on each other to grow.
6. Do it with passion or don’t do it at all.
7. Because the right path will not always be the easiest.
8. Stay happy. Stay active.
9. Tea is what you need!
10. The real beauty lies in imperfection.
11. Because only present moments are in your hand.
12. Don’t hide them, welcome them.
13. Don’t retire!
14. Don’t seek the perfect life instead seek the happy life.
15. Create your own happiness.
16. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
Hope these meaningful and beautiful Ikigai quotes help you define and change your life! Your Ikigai, contrary to popular belief, has nothing to do with money or even ambition. Your Ikigai could simply be the answer to the question, “What am I most passionate about?” However, knowing your Ikigai isn’t enough; all of these people, according to Buettner, put their purpose into action. Ikigai can change with age, according to researchers. This will come as a relief to anyone whose work is their reason for living as they approach retirement and begin the search for a new Ikigai.