An adventure drama film directed by Ang Lee, Life of Pi is a story of self-discovery and friendship amidst calamities, danger, threats and the desire to live to see another day. A critical and a commercial success, the unique and unusual story, performances, cinematography and Life Of Pi dialogues have been loved and admired by the audiences.
Starring Suraj Sharma and Irrfan Khan in the lead roles, Life of Pi follows the amazing journey of ‘Pi Patel’, who survives a shipwreck in the Pacific Ocean on a life boat along with a ferocious Bengal Tiger. The movie is a reflection on the various facets of life and emotions of every individual. The movie was nominated for eleven Academy Awards and won four of them including the Best Director (Ang Lee) and best Cinematography (Claudio Miranda).
We bring you 14 Life of Pi dialogues that’ll give you important life lessons.
1. It’s important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse.
2. Survival had to start with me. In my experience, a castaway’s worst mistake is to hope too much and do too little.
3. Even when God seemed to have abandoned me, he was watching. Even when he seemed indifferent to my suffering, he was watching.
4. Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it has been tested.
5. When your own life is threatened, your sense of empathy is blunted by a terrible, selfish hunger for survival.
6. Something in me did not want to give up on life, was unwilling to let go, wanted to fight to the very end. Where that part of me got the heart, I don’t know.
7. Faith in God is an opening up, a letting go, a deep trust, a free act of love—but sometimes it was so hard to love.
8. It’s important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse.
9. If every unfolding we experience takes us further along in life, then, we are truly experiencing what life is offering.
10. Hunger can change everything you thought you knew yourself!
11. Santosh Patel: In a few hundred years science has taken us farther in understanding the universe than religion has in 10,000.
Gita Patel: That is true. Science can teach us more about what is out there…but not what is in here.
12. I do not expect us to agree about everything, but I would much rather have you believe in something I don’t agree with, than to accept everything blindly.
13. Believing in everything at the same time, is the same as not believing in anything at all.
14. Above all: don’t lose hope.
Which of these Life Of Pi dialogues is your favorite? Do let us know in the comments below!