Monsoon is probably every Indian’s favorite season! Who hasn’t grown up to love the earthy smell of rain, and then sneaking onto the terrace to get drenched in the season’s first shower (despite several warnings from your mom)? Even today, the sound of rain fills our hearts with a wave of nostalgia from the time when we were kids and rain meant ‘paper boats and no school!’
Here are 10 memories from monsoon that every Indian can relate to.
1. When the petrichor meant the onset of a joyous season after the scorching summers
2. When mom made sure that our uniforms could be worn to School
4. When we tried to save our uniforms from getting dirty in vain
5. When playing in the puddles was the best moment of the day
6. When we entered our homes with a little fear in our minds
7. When our paper boats added to all the fun
8. When the sight of little frogs and snails in our homes delighted us
10. When we ran to our terrace to watch the colorful rainbows adorn the sky
Rains still hold a special place in our hearts. We could only wish they were still the same as they were when we were kids.