20 Best Quotes from It Ends with Us That Will Stick With You Forever
“It Ends With Us” is a romance book by author Colleen Hoover, inspired by her parents’ relationship. Readers loved it and it sold over a million copies worldwide. Colleen also wrote a follow-up called “It Starts With Us”. This book was so popular that it became Simon & Schuster’s most pre-ordered book ever! “It Ends With Us” is a touching story with lots of memorable lines. The novel follows Lily, a strong young woman torn between two lovers: reliable Atlas and handsome but troubled Ryle. The book has drama, painful truths, and impactful quotes. Discover the top 20 quotes from “It Ends With Us”.
Also Read: 25 Best Quotes From Books And Novels
1. We are all people…at the end.
“There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.”
2. It is a good thing though…
“Not a lot of people have the courage to say what they’re actually thinking.”
3. Accepting mistakes and taking lessons from them shows our growth in life…
“All humans make mistakes. What determines a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”
4. Waves that are exciting in life and just shake us up!
“Sometimes an unexpected wave comes along, sucks you up and refuses to spit you back out. Ryle is my unexpected tidal wave, and right now I’m skimming the beautiful surface.”
5. Sharing pain reduces its load…
“You’re only human. And as humans, we can’t expect to shoulder all of our pain.”
6. Asking for help is never a weakness- it is rather a brave step to take.
“Sometimes we have to share it with the people who love us so we don’t come crashing down from the weight of it all. But I can’t help you unless I know you need it. Ask me for help. We’ll get through this. I know we can”
7. No one even after growing up knows about all that they want!
“We’ll still give them what they want, of course. But we’ll also give them what they don’t know they want.”
8. Nothing is certain in life…
“I think about how sometimes, no matter how convinced you are that your life will turn out a certain way, all that certainty can be washed away with a simple change in tide.”
9. A lot of effort and willpower is needed to break a familiar cycle of habits.
“It takes an astronomical amount of pain and courage to disrupt a familiar pattern.”
10. Forgiving makes life easier and the heart lighter!
“Preventing your heart from forgiving someone you love is actually a hell of a lot harder than simply forgiving them.”
11. Fear keeps us going in the same circles rather than coming out of it…
“Sometimes it seems easier to just keep running in the same familiar circles, rather than facing the fear of jumping and possibly not landing on your feet.”
12. Everyone is screwed up on the same level!
“I feel like everyone fakes who they really are when deep down we’re all equal amounts of screwed up. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.”
13. Appreciating others for their joys and achievements take us ahead in life!
“I think that’s one of the biggest signs a person has matured- knowing how to appreciate things that matter to others, even if they don’t matter very much to you.”
14. Falling in love again…is it possible?
“In the future, if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again…fall in love with me.”
15. Everyone- no matter how much grown in life- needs to be comforted.
“Sometimes, even grown women need their mother’s comfort so we can just take a break from having to be strong all the time.”
16. Love hurts the most…
“It’s not a person’s actions that hurt the most. It’s the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear.”
17. Those people who can calm anyone with their presence and words…
“I don’t know how he calmed me down without even talking, but he did. Some people just have a calming presence about them and he’s one of those people.”
18. Loving someone means loving all parts- even sadness.
“And when you love someone, seeing them sad also makes you sad.”
19. Don’t waste your youthful years thinking about uncertain future things.
“Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are as full as they can be. We shouldn’t waste time on things that might happen someday, or maybe even never.”
20. Don’t remain in bad cycles- they are difficult to break.
“Because they are excruciating to break.”
Which quotes did you like the most from the above list of 20 Best Quotes from It Ends with Us? Tell us whether you have read the novel or not- and which are your favorite lines from the book- in the comments!