We as Indians sometimes tend to forget the that our Hindu scriptures can prove to be a treasure trove of wisdom. Our ancestors were perceptive, enlightened people whose knowledge can guide us back home in the darkest of times. These hidden gems of advice focus on far-ranging subjects, and in general can be used to set a value system for how you want to live your life. With that, we bring you 25 quotes from Hindu scriptures that will teach you how to live a better life.
1. Pride is the end of it all.
2. Equity, not equality.
3. Be the best at something you do rather than being okay at something somebody else does.
4. There’s no satisfying human desire.
5. Everyone has the potential to do good.
Also read: 20 Quotes from Upanishads
6. Truth is one.
7. Do what is right, without caring about the results.
8. Your body is your temple.
Also read: 26 Best Mahabharata Quotes
9. Speak less, but speak meaningfully.
10. From falsehood, lead me to truth…
11. Everything is a source of misery.
Also read: 12 Quotes from Vishnu Purana
12. No good comes out of war.
13. Put a leash on your flighty thoughts.
14. Actions speak louder than words.
15. We’re all offsprings of one supreme power.
16. One’s own thought is one’s world.
17. Truth is above all.
18. Dharma is rooted in truth.
19. The cries of the virtuous do not go unanswered.
Also read: 30 Quotes from Ramayana
20. Do what you can tolerate being done to you.
21. Grief can eat one alive.
22. Do not let your opinions cloud facts.
23. Respect your own boundaries.
24. There are no two same days.
25. Do not long for something that is not yours.
Did you like these quotes from Hindu scriptures, or do you have a favourite one we missed? Comment below to let us know!