It’s not a coincidence that the sharpest minds in history are often men of science. Scientists are rationalists who always have the right kind of input to offer free of any bias. Over the course of the last few centuries, scientists have been some of the most important people to have lived; they’re remembered for their work as well as their wisdom – after all we continue to enjoy the fruits of both today. It’s always a good idea to listen to these geniuses, they, after all, do seem to know best. Here are 20 quotes by famous scientists that’ll leave you slightly wiser.
1. Not everything can be explained, and that’s what humbles us.
2. You cannot judge everyone based on the same parameters; people are different.
3. Lack of creativity is a plague in its own right.
4. Being able to adjust to your surroundings is no small feat.
5. Every genius was once thought to be crazy.
6. Making mistakes is a sign that you’re learning.
7. Fake news has been around for far longer than you’d imagine.
8. At the end of the day, the truth has to come out.
9. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
10. A man makes a mistake, makes it again, makes it again…
11. Even in the glory of our mediocrity, we’re special.
12. There’s no mathematical formula for calculating stupidity.
13. Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
14. If you are able to identify the monster inside of you, you’re already half a monster less.
15. If only we could use bigotry as fuel.
16. Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.
Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe. – Galileo
17. It is not easy to appreciate what’s already in front of us, but in science, that gives one a chance for improvement.
18. We get to learn something from everyone we meet.
19. Genius isn’t genius without hard work.
20. Do not focus on what you cannot do, instead focus on the options that are still open.
Did you like our compilation of quotes by famous scientists? Which one did you like the best? Tell us in the comments below.