18 Best Bhagavad Gita Quotes To Understand Life Better
As an Indian, it is nearly impossible to have not heard of Bhagavad Gita. The Hindu scripture consisting of Lord Krishna’s 700 verses, is the most revered work in Indian literature. The verses of this text and Bhagavad Gita Quotes are based on how one should live their lives and perform one’s duty with righteousness. It is a dialogue between Pandava prince Arjuna and the divine deity Krishna during the Kurukshetra war in the ancient Sanskrit epic Mahabharata. Bhagavad Gita portrays life as a constant battle conflict between good and evil, knowledge and ignorance, and soul and body. It touches upon spirituality, self-control, ethical dilemmas, and philosophical issues one faces all throughout their life. This holy book is renowned as ‘The Song Of God’ which unravels life’s philosophy and spiritual wisdom.
The Bhagavad Gita has been a guiding light for generations. Several leaders, philosophers, and writers have drawn inspiration from this ancient text. Albert Einstein once remarked, “When I read the Bhagavad-Gita everything else seems so superfluous.” Mahatma Gandhi often referred to quotes from Bhagavad Gita in his speeches, talks, and writings. It is said to have largely shaped his character and philosophy. Renowned author Paulo Coelho has said that Bhagavad Gita is “A book that everybody should read.” It has been translated into several languages and each having countless interpretations of its verses.
Here are some noteworthy Bhagavad Gita quotes to understand the principles of life in the best possible way!
1. Because an original is always better than a copy!
2. Peace begins when expectation ends.
3. Bad actions bring bad endings.
4. Love, tolerance, and selflessness should be practiced.
5. This one is for all those times you made an excuse for not accomplishing your goals.
6. Be the change you wish to see.
7. Indecisive about workplace decisions? Here’s the solution!
8. The world’s well-being starts with self-sacrifice.
9. It’s rightly said, ‘There is enough for everyone’s need, but not greed’
10. The quote accurately summarizes the way of life.
11. Be action-oriented, not results-oriented.
12. Befriend your mind.
13. Never be afraid of the change you deserve!
14. The only right way to live is to live in the present.
15. Everything is a fruitful lesson.
16. Your duty and character go hand in hand.
17. Everything is in your mind.
18. Bigger the ego, the smaller the mind.
Millions across the globe have achieved spiritual awakening with the impact of Bhagavad Gita quotes. These quotes are a profound way to lead a happy and wisdom-proof life. Not only do they sync your mind’s spiritual faculties, but they also get you in tune with your positive frequencies. So, save these quotes and run by them whenever you feel your belief system is undergoing a conflict!
Want to read the Sanskrit versions of Bhagavad Gita quotes? Here we have a few for you:
– There are three gates leading to the hell of self-destruction for the soul—lust, anger, and greed. Therefore, one should abandon all three.
It is all about the choices that we either live in hell or heaven.
– Listen to our senses as they are more powerful than anything else.
The senses are superior to the body and superior to them is the mind. Beyond the mind is the intellect, and even beyond the intellect is the soul.
If you seem to delve deeper into the world of pure Sanskrit shlokas, we have compiled some of the best Bhagavad Gita Sanskrit quotes here.